This is the user guide for ‘TradingView Alerts To MT4 or MT5 Trade Copier’.
This trade copier for TradingView Alerts -> MT4 or MT5 consists of three parts:
1. Google chrome browser on your computer
2. MT4 or MT5 Copier EA as you purchase from MetaQuotes Market.
(b) Evaluation copy can be found at the bottom of this blog that is *limited* to USDJPY trade copy only.
3. Bridge app running over Windows 64-bit OS (e.g. Windows 10 or 11 or Windows Server)
That bridge app will seamlessly scan TradingView alert popup at Google Chrome and feedback to this Copier EA for trade process (through secured data interchange).
The reason to use TradingView alert popup is that’s available for all users – while other alert approach, e.g. webhook, might be applicable only for paid members.
1. Please download Google Chrome browser if you haven’t it at your computer.
3. This zip file contains the bridge app called TVToMT. Unzip TVToMT.zip.
4. Open any MT4/MT5 chart and attach that Copier EA to chart. Please do this step before start the bridge app.
> Please attach this copier EA to one MT4 or MT5 chart ONLY. One copier EA can accommodate multiple TradingView chart alerts.
5. Go to TVToMT folder and start TVToMT.
6. Click Start button of bridge app.
It will auto start your Chrome browser with tradingview home page. Chrome window size can be set at config.ini file at TVToMT folder – but will need to restart the bridge app to effect.
7. Login your tradingview account.
please note that –
this design is NOT applicable to TradingView Gmail accounts. In case you’re using Gmail for TradingView, please register another free email account for this signal copy purpose.
TradingView’s alert popup feature is available for all users.
> If you’re using the evaluation version of copier EA, this bridge app will only fetch TradingView alert signals on USDJPY chart.
8. Enable alert at your TradingView indicator – click ‘Add alert on xxxx’
9. Click ‘Show pop-up’
10. Then the bridge app will start scanning if alert popup occurs. Once alert is detected, it will show on the log window and feedback to Copier EA for further trade process.
11. Please be aware the time stamp shown on bridge app is slightly different with alert time on TradingView.
TradingView uses their server time – while bridge app uses your computer time. You could compare the TradingView’s bar leftover time vs your computer time
Or you could do self calibrate your computer time to minimize the difference.
12. Below illustrations show the live trade copy at MT4/MT5:
1. At MetaTrader side: an MT4 or MT5 demo account and have this Copier ea on chart.
2. Start the bridge app.
3. At TradingView side:
Open any 1-min chart
Make an ‘AlertTest’ script from below codes and attach to chart:
indicator(title = "AlertTest", overlay = true) sigBuy = close >= open sigSell = close < open if sigBuy alert("Bullish candle, BUY", alert.freq_once_per_bar_close) if sigSell alert("Bearish candle, SELL", alert.freq_once_per_bar_close) plot(close, color = na)
4. Enable alert feature. This script will raise a buy alert for a bullish candle or sell for bearish.
5. Check MT4/MT5 side if any trade action is made.
For other details how to modify your alert messages to work with this copier, please refer to my another blog:
MT4/MT5 copier settings:
Lots mode – 3 options: ‘fixed lots’, ‘Lots by equity percentage’, ‘Lots by loss percentage’, each has its own variable to set.
Symbol mapping list – that’s for special trade symbol mapping. if that’s not set, EA will use the same symbol name from TradingView for trade.
if MT4 has different symbol name, you could set by,
TradingView symbol of XAUUSD alert will be mapped to MT4’s symbol of GOLD.
each symbol uses ‘,’ comma as seperator. First symbol is TradingView’s while the second is MT4’s. each pair uses ‘;’ semicolon as separator.
Close trade by opposite signal – default is true; will close trade if opposite signal. you could turn that off if that’s not your preference
Reverse trade – default is false; if turned ‘true’, ea will place SHORT trade if LONG signal
TakeProfit in point – default is zero, i.e. no tp price will be set.
StopLoss in point – default is zero, i.e. no sl price will be set
Group take profit in $ – take profit by group of trades in $ amount
Group stop loss in $ – take loss by group of trade in $ amount
for other copier variables, please refer to the product purchase page.